Is Operation Smile a good fit for me?
You should pursue a career at Operation Smile if you:
- Are passionate. Passion for our vision, passion for making a difference in the world around you and passion for what you do.
- Have proven skills. Operation Smile offers a professional and fun environment. We’re fortunate to attract some of the best and brightest candidates. Successful candidates not only share our passion but they also have incredible experiences as well.
- You want to be part of something bigger. No matter what department, position or location in the world, Operation Smile employees can go home at night knowing they contributed to something of lasting significance.
Where in the world are our employees?
Headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S., occasionally we will have positions located strategically throughout the U.S. for field-based positions, as well international field-based opportunities to support our medical missions and programs worldwide. The majority of international positions are filled by internal candidates.
We have a variety of opportunities available in the areas of:
- International Programs
- Research, Metrics & Evaluation
- Student Programs
- Quality Assurance
- Medical Outcomes
- Brand Marketing & PR
- Internal Communications
- Donor Care
- Donor Database
- Information Technology
While we are serious about our vision and providing the highest quality surgical care for children around the world, we are crazy about our fun! A few highlights include:
- Employee Newsletter
- Monthly Birthday & Anniversary Celebrations
- High Five Awards
- Secret Pals
- Holiday (real or made up) Celebrations
Operation Smile recognizes the commitment of its employees and provides a highly competitive benefits package. Our goal is to make sure each employee has the resources they need to manage their health and financial well-being.
Full time, US-based employees are eligible for the following benefits*:
- 100% paid premiums for Health(HMO) and Dental plans
- 100% paid premiums for Life and AD&D insurances
- 100% paid premiums for Short- and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Company paid Holidays
- 15 days of Paid Time Off during first year of employment
- 401(k) plan with Safe Harbor and Employer Matching
- Personal Travel Insurance for positions that travel internationally
In addition, full time, US-based employees may elect to participate in the following at employee expense:
*Some benefits may require completing an eligibility period.
- Qualified family members may be added to Health and Dental plans
- Supplemental Vision plan
- Legal Resources plan
- Additional Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
"How could I not love what I do?"
To be part of a team of diverse individuals from over 80 countries that give children and young adults a chance at a new life is one of the most rewarding things that I have ever done. Before joining Operation Smile, I had always worked in a corporate setting. Now, working for a global non-profit organization, the most important difference from my corporate job is that our work here is about helping others in life-changing ways, not just the paycheck.
Operation Smile is filled with wonderful people who come to work daily to help children around the world who don’t have the access to the healthcare that you and I have. I leave work every day with my heart filled with joy and gratitude.
In my position at Operation Smile, I am able to “pay it forward” by credentialing volunteers so that they may give others joy and hope while creating memories that also change their lives forever. It is really quite simple and very addicting.
- Michelle M. Joyner, Volunteer Services Coordinator
Operation Smile is an equal opportunity employer.