Corporate Partnership Guidelines
Thank you for considering a partnership with Operation Smile. The following guidelines were developed to help you determine whether a sponsorship or cause-related marketing promotion will meet your business objectives.
Criteria for Businesses
- Operation Smile welcomes proposals from businesses with at least one year operating experience, except for the following categories: Adult Content, Firearms, Tobacco.
- Operation Smile requires a guaranteed minimum donation of $25,000 for partnerships and provides a list of benefits commensurate with each donation level.
- Operation Smile requires the completion of a Letter of Agreement (contract) that is signed by both parties to conduct a cause-related marketing promotion or sponsorship.
- Operation Smile does not endorse specific brands or products.
Disclosure Regulations: Better Business Bureau and Commercial Co-Venture Laws
Operation Smile follows the standards set by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance in its Standards for Charity Accountability. These regulations require full disclosure to the consumer and complete transparency as it pertains to benefits and donations being provided by the business to the charity. This includes information provided to the consumer through advertising of the campaign, language on the packaging, as well as descriptions of the promotion in materials or on websites. More information about the BBB Standards for Charity Accountability can be found in Standard 19 on the BBB website: http://www.bbb.org/us/Standards-Charity/.
Cause-related marketing promotions are also regulated by applicable state commercial co-venture statues. Operation Smile recommends seeking legal counsel to determine what this means for your business. In many states, your business may be required to register as a ‘commercial co-venturer’ when engaging in a cause-related marketing promotion. These requirements vary from state-to-state, but generally apply when a business advertises that it will contribute a certain dollar or percentage amount of the product purchased or service used to a specified charity.
- While Operation Smile may publicly acknowledge its corporate partners, because of our non-profit status, we cannot advertise, promote, sell or distribute products or services for our partners. Operation Smile may include the promotion on our website provided it meets all the guidelines outlined above.
- Operation Smile does not sell, loan or exchange its mailing list as a part of promotional agreements.
- Operation Smile owns the trademarks for its name and logo and a written contract is required to use any licensed marks.
- Operation Smile requires prior approval of all marketing
- Operation Smile provides a set of benefits for each level of sponsorship beginning at $25,000.
- Our team will work with your team to create and customize each partnership, striving for long-term sustainability.
- Types of partnerships can include: Multi-Channel Promotions, Employee Engagement, Product Purchase to Benefit, International Campaigns, or Medical Mission Sponsorship.
- Support provided by Operation Smile can include: Marketing support and co-branded campaign development, social media strategy, PR and promotional support.
Our commitment is to provide value, demonstrate commitment and deliver measurable, sustainable results. We hope to partner with your business to form a mutually beneficial and sustainable collaboration based on a shared passion for helping children in need. Thank you for your consideration.