There are hundreds of ways to raise funds on behalf of Operation Smile. Collect and recycle cans – to help children and the environment – just like our 84-year-old donor, George Ouellette.
Gather your neighbors and hold a community yard sale the way Anthony H. did at his school in California. Or you could hold a used book sale and sell lemonade.
It’s easy to make a difference; here are lots of fundraising ideas:
• Bike, Trike and Car Wash. Accept donations to wash any mode of transportation.
• Changing Lives with Spare Change. Provide containers and collect spare change from friends and family. Roll the change or donate at your nearest Coinstar Center. Operation Smile Code: 1982.
• Create smiles and help the environment. Hold a recycling drive to collect newspapers, cans, bottles or other items for donation.
• Let’s Hear it for Smiles! Organize a benefit concert with professional or school musicians.
• Movie Night-In. Invite your friends, make the popcorn and enjoy a video night at home. Donate the funds you would have spent on a movie out at a theater.
• Pets Make Kids Smile! Hold a dog wash or do pet walking in your neighborhood.
• Share Your Talents. Hold a benefit fashion show, talent or comedy night or a play.
• Soup’s On, Juice it Up, Bagel’s for Smiles or Bake Sale. There are lots of ways to make and offer warm soup, smoothies, yummy bagels or baked goods at your church, office or school.
• Special Celebration! Turn a birthday, wedding or anniversary into a special fundraiser by requesting donations in lieu of gifts or make a donation in lieu of favors. We have templated table favors and candy boxes you can customize to use at your reception place settings.
Contact Donor Relations to get “in lieu of gift” cards or our table favors.
• Strikes for Smiles. Hold a bowl-a-thon to raise funds.
• Walk, Run, Dance or Bike-a-Thons. Request pledge based on distance or time. Collect donations based on success. Learn more about our Operation Smile “Final Mile” program.
• Video game sale, Yard sale, Craft or Used Book Sale. Sell your handmade goods, or items you no longer need.
Check out our Student Community OSCentral for more fundraising tips and ideas. Simply register at OSCentral.org and search for "fundraising."
Make sure you follow our fundraising guidelines when fundraising on behalf of Operation Smile so you and your donors receive tax receipts and acknowledgements.
If you need help or have an idea that you would like to discuss with our Donor Relations Team, please call 888-677-6453, Monday - Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. EST, Sunday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.
Every three minutes, a child is born with a cleft condition.