About Operation Smile Final Mile 2014
The Operation Smile Final Mile is part of The Shamrock Sportsfest, held every March at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA. The program is designed to teach students the importance of exercise, commitment, and empathy by helping children born with facial deformities.
Fast, Fun Facts about Final Mile
- - 4,700 elementary students ran in 2013
- - 2010 “Youth Event of the Year” awarded by Runners USA
- - Since 2006, 1,355 smiles healed – that’s 1,355 brighter futures created, lives saved, and families transformed forever
- - Operation Smile helps children all around the world: to help them BREATHE easier, to EAT easier, to LAUGH, and TALK easier, and to SMILE!
- - Make a difference in the lives of children around the world while having fun with students just like you!
- - Imagine if you ran 25.2 miles between now and Saturday March 15th and on race day you crossed the finish line to complete your final mile to complete a marathon.
- - And imagine if every student raised at least $26 before March 15th.
- - Together, with thousands of other students like you, your gifts would help Operation Smile travel around the world to save even more children and heal their smiles!